Friday, April 29, 2011

STOCKPILE COOKING! - Burger Bar!

Friday nights at my house usually consist of many friends and family showing up to play pool, enjoying each others company and celebrating the fact that its FRIDAY!!

I love this though it means I don't want to spend time in the kitchen while everyone else is having fun!  So, we make a Burger Bar.  I put out all types of toppings (whatever I have in my fridge or pantry) and let everyone build their own Burger.  This is quick, simple and puts everyone in charge of making their own dinner! 

Some of my families favorite toppings: 
  • Pineapple (usually canned, but fresh when its cheap)
  • Mushrooms (usually canned, but fresh when its cheap)
  • Lettuce
  • Grilled Onions
  • Jalapenos
  • Salsa
  • Cheese (whats a burger without cheese)?
  • Ham (usually using lunch meat)
GET CREATIVE, MY KIDS ARE ALWAYS TRYING NEW COMBINATIONS.  ITS FUN TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE COME UP WITH!

No comments:

Post a Comment