Tater Tot Casserole is always a good stand by for a quick weeknight meal.
Not to mention much nicer on the checkbook than takeout!
I like to hide veggies in the mixture and & serve a salad to complete the meal for my family!
Now, I'm not saying mine is better than anyone else.
Though there is one special ingredient that I think totally makes this
Tater Tot Casserole the best!
Tater Tot Casserole $8.90 for a family of 6 ($1.48 a serving)
- 1 1/2 lbs of Ground Beef $3.88 ($2.59 a pound)
- Tater Tots $2.50
- Cream of Mushroom Soup $.50
- 8oz Sour Cream $1
- 3 cups of cheese $1.02 ($.34 a cup compared to $1.50 a cup pre-shredded)
- Cheese on sale 12/6 only at Rosauers 2lb brick $3.69 (limit 2)
Use $1 off any 2 pounds of cheese
Final Price: $2.69 (2 lbs of cheese = 8 cups shredded)
- 1 1/2 ground beef cooked and drained
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 small bag of frozen corn or canned corn (optional)
- 1 28 oz package tater tots
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 8oz container sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Brown hamburger with diced onion until the hamburger is fully cooked.
- Drain grease and add the frozen corn, stir to combine.
- Pour the hamburger mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan
- In a bowl, combine Cream of Mushroom soup, Sour cream & milk
- Pour over the top of the hamburger & spread to cover all the meat.
- Spread 2 cups of the cheese as the next layer
- Top evenly with Tater tots.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the casserole is bubbly & the tater tots are crisp
- Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese, continue to cook until the cheese is melted.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes to set before serving.
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!