Strawberry freezer jam is the best first "canning experience" anyone can have!
Trust me, it is super easy.....
Taste soooo amazing......
You will be so proud of yourself & feel like a kitchen goddess!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 Cups of Crushed Strawberries (1 qt of fresh whole)
- 4 Cups of White Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Water
- 1 Box of SURE-Jell Fruit Pectin
- Rinse the containers & lids with boiling water. (just like you would when canning)
- Make sure they are thoroughly dry.
*Sorry, you get manufacture picture....I forgot to take a picture of them empty & clean
- Meanwhile, prep your strawberries by removing the stem and crushing them.
- I like to use my food processor
- Measure out 2 cups of the crushed strawberries and place in a large bowl.
- Stir in the 4 cups of sugar
- Let the mixture rest fro about 10 minutes, this allows the sugar & strawberries to meet and make their yummy juice!
- While the mixture rests, you need to prepare the pectin.
- Over high heat mix water and pectin, stir constantly. Once the mixture starts to boil, continue stirring for another minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Give your strawberry mixture a good stir, then slowly add the hot pectin to the strawberries
- Stir until the sugar is all dissolved
- Just like you would making Jell-O
- Fill all of your containers immediately, leaving a 1/2 inch of space at the top.
- Put on the lids and let stand at room temperature for at least 24 hours.
- JUST WALK AWAY!! DON'T TOUCH IT....DON'T EVEN LOOK AT IT!
- Your jam is ready to eat, give away or store in the freezer.
*THINGS TO NOTE*
- Fridge - Jam will last about 3-4 weeks
- Freezer - Jam will last a good year (that is why I buy the flat and make a years worth)
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!