Are you hosting a Super Bowl Party this Sunday?
Crockpot Pork Carnitas are my favorite cheap way to feed
They are always amazing and since we are using the crockpot......you get to enjoy your company instead of cooking all day!
You can always pick up a Pork Roast very cheap, but right now
Ridley's has Sirloin Pork Roast for only $.97 lb!!!
Not to mention they have everything else you need to complete this delicious meal:
*Don Julio Torillas $.98
*Avocados $.47 each
*Roma Tomatoes $.47 each
That is a crazy cheap price! Feed a crowd & don't break the bank!!
- 1 pork roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tequila or additional chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: fresh cilantro leaves, chopped avocado and tomato
Cut roast in half (if you need to); place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Add the onions, cilantro, salsa, broth, tequila and chilies. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; cool slightly. Shred with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Spoon about 2/3 cup meat mixture onto each tortilla; serve with toppings of your choice.
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!