My love for cabbage is crazy, but it is sooo good!
I love how versatile it is: a filler, soup or a dish all on its own.
One of my favorite ways to cook it is sauteed with bacon & onions!
This recipe is very easy to whip up for a quick side dish for any weeknight meal.
- 1 head of Green Cabbage, chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 6 slices of bacon chopped (turkey bacon tastes wonderful also)
- Cook chopped bacon in a pan, until slightly cooked (will finish cooking with the cabbage)
- Remove some of the grease (leave the pan glistening)
- Add the onion and cabbage and a dash of pepper
- Continue to cook until the onions and cabbage are tender yet still crunchy.
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!