Monday, December 31, 2012

SIMPLIFY MY LIFE: REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES! A MUST FOR EVERY HOUSEHOLD!



Source: writeshop.com via Cody on Pinterest

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment 
until it becomes a memory. 
              ~ Dr. Seuss


I have to admit, 2012 was a trying year for my family.  It seemed like every time you fixed one vehicle 1 more broke down.....Paid off one bill and 2 more popped up...every time we stood up we were knocked back down to our knees!

I know this wasn't completely the case, but boy it sure felt that way.  It was too easy to let the trials outweigh the good things that did happen.  When I really think about it.....there are many good things that happened in my families life!  

  • A son graduating from high school
  • Another starting high school
  • Our oldest becoming a United States Marine 
  • Our youngest potty trained
  • New drivers in the family 
  • Engagements
These are just a few of the good things in 2012; But the worst part....when I looked back on the year these wonderful moments are not what popped into my head.  I truly had to think about what was good about 2012.  HOW SAD IS THAT?!

Then I saw this wonderful idea on Pinterest.  Starting January 1st, have an empty jar in the house (I'm making it a main focal point in mine).  Every time there is a "good moment" write it down and place in the jar.  You could even put your kids art, a concert/movie ticket, nice quote or even something to remember a trip by.  Then, at the end of the year empty the good moments jar so you can reflect on all the great things that happened in that year!

I think this is the awesome!  What a great way to keep life in perspective!









Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

No comments:

Post a Comment