Tuesday, November 27, 2012

LEFTOVER TURKEY RECIPE: TURKEY & WILD RICE CASSEROLE! MUST TRY!




TURKEY & WILD RICE CASSEROLE


This is my absolute favorite recipe for leftover turkey!
My family looks forward to this one every year.

I like to make as much as possible and freeze it so we can enjoy it throughout the year.
This is one of those recipes that the longer it marinates the better it tastes!


Ingredients:
  • Leftover Turkey, chopped
  • 2 Cups of Leftover Gravy
  • 2 Boxes of Wild Rice (I prefer Uncle Ben's)
  • 2 Cans of Sliced, Water Chestnuts (I bought at Winco for $.43 a can)
  • 3 Stalks of Celery (chopped)
  • 1 Medium Onion (I like to do a mix of red and white onion so I use 2 small)
  • 1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (from my stockpile paid $.20 a can last week)
  • 2 Cups of Mayo
  • 1 Tbl. of Celery Salt
  • 1 Tbl. of Onion Powder
  • 1 Tbl. of Garlic Salt
  • 1 Tsp. of Black Pepper

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400
  • Cook wild rice per directions on box.
  • Meanwhile, put leftover turkey, water chestnuts, celery and onion in an oven safe dish

  • In a medium bowl, mix Cream of Mushroom Soup, Mayo, Gravy and all seasonings.
  • Mix until combined

  • By this time the wild rice should be done cooking.
  • Place rice and sauce mixture in the oven dish with turkey and veggies.
  • Mix until well combined
  • Spread out evenly

  • Place dish in a 400 degree oven uncovered for 45 minutes or until golden brown
  • ENJOY!!






Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

No comments:

Post a Comment