If you missed today's segment of Thrifty Thursdays, you can watch it HERE!
To get the Velveeta Cheese so cheap you are going to need a coupon and you will be
matching either Kmart's double coupon even (all week) or Albertsons Doublers that
come out on Sunday.
Here is what to do:
Go to Walmart & Buy Velveeta Cheese, 2lbs $5.88
Let the cashier know you are price matching Kmart's Double Coupon Event or Wait until Sunday and Take an Albertsons Doubler. The Cashier will double your coupon.
Final Price: $3.88 for 2 pounds of Velveeta!!
Cheeseburger Soup for a family of 6 = $9.24 ($1.54 a serving)
16oz Velveeta Cheese $1.94 (1 pound)
Chicken Broth $2.16
Rolls, 12ct $1.99
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped onion
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (16 ounces) Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 3 cups milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Possible Garnishes:
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain the majority of the grease
- Add the flour to the ground beef and stir until all moisture has been absorbed by the flour.
- In a saucepan, saute the onion and celery in the 2 tablespoons of butter until vegetables are crisp tender, about 10 minutes. Add the broth, potatoes and ground beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream and enjoy!
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!