Wednesday, October 10, 2012

FUN WITH KIDS: LET THE KIDDOS HELP...THEY CAN MAKE IT PERFECT!



For my daughters 3rd birthday we had a Lion King Party.  
For those of you that know me personally you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE parties....Especially Birthdays!

I planned to make these cute pretzel sticks all perfectly painted just like the pictures.  Lets just say I quickly gave up and about threw this mold in the trash.  

Instead, I gave the mold to my daughter, to keep her occupied so I could finish the cupcakes.  Needless to say, they turned out adorable & ended up being my favorite part!


Of course the pretzel sticks where FREE from earlier sales.
I picked up the mold & candy melts at Michael's with 
40% off coupons. 
I recommend buying the Wilton Colored Candy Melts.  Chocolate is very fragile and if you are not using oil based food dye the chocolate will quickly clump up & separate! 



Emma wanted to help so bad, so painting was a perfect task for her.  We melted the colored candy melts and let her go at it.  
















 I think they turned out adorable & yes PERFECT!
I plan to let her do this every year!  
We call it Art by Emma!

Moral of the story:
Sometimes you just have to let go and let "perfect" shine through the way it is intended!  









Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

No comments:

Post a Comment