Monday, September 24, 2012

WE COOK: HOMEMADE CREAMED CORN




Yesterday was so cold and rainy, which just makes me want to cook
warm homey foods!

I had fresh corn in my freezer that i prepped & froze last month so this recipe just 
had to be made! 

Homemade Creamed Corn is the best, I personally love to add extra
bold flavors to change it around.

Ingredients:
  • 4 Cups of Corn 
    • If you are using fresh corn on the cob (2 ears = 1 cup)
  • 1 Cup of Heavy Cream
  • 1 Tablespoon of Flour
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 4 strips of bacon
    • I also like to add bell peppers, jalapenos or onions 


Directions:
  • Chop the bacon into bit size pieces and fry in a skillet
  • Meanwhile, mix the salt, pepper & flour to combine
  • Once the bacon is fully cooked add the flour mixture and stir to soak up the bacon grease 
    • (this step will keep your cream base creamy & not lumpy!!)
    • If you plan to add any other veggies to your corn you will want to add them now to let me soften a bit
  • Add the corn and cook down a bit at medium-high heat.  The milky juice from the corn will start to surface and create a creamy texture.
  • Add the heavy cream & stir until mixture boils. 
  • Turn the heat to low and allow to simmer until desired thickness
  • ENJOY!!








Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

No comments:

Post a Comment