Thursday, August 30, 2012

RITE AID: BIG CHANGES FOR +UP REWARDS STARTING SUNDAY!! GET READY!



If you have shopped at Rite Aid lately, I'm sure you have seen the 
announcement on your receipt......Starting Sunday, September 2nd 
Rite Aid +Up Rewards will now be loaded to your Wellness Card!

With this new system, a +Up Reward can be redeemed starting at 6 a.m. the following day after the reward was earned & will expire 14 days after the issue date.
Meaning, You shop on Sunday & get a +Up.  You will not be able to use that reward
until Monday after 6 a.m.

If you still want to have your +Up Rewards printed on your receipt you can one of two ways:
Call 1-800-riteaid (1-800-748-3243) or at a Register in-store
Choosing to have printed +Up's will not change how they are redeemed; you still will not be able to use them until the following day.
The new system is synced with the registers so if you try to use the reward early the register will beep and not allow the reward to be used!


MY THOUGHTS:
  • I can see how it would be nice to have the rewards connected to a card
    • Can't lose them that way!
  • For me, if I can't see the rewards in my wallet, I forget about them!
    • Rite Aid has a solution for that: sign up for +Up Text Notifications to keep track of your rewards!  You can text "REWARD" to "728398" to receive a weekly text notifying you of the number & value of the +Up's available to you.
  • I don't like not getting to use the +Up's until the following day!  
    • For me that is a waste of gas & time to have to return to the store
    • My OOP is going to be greater since I won't be able to roll the +UP's to each transaction
  • Though, Rite Aid is famous for not having a large amount of stock; so this will help give more people the opportunity to get in on the great deals.







Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

No comments:

Post a Comment