While browsing Pinterest (go figure)
I found this awesome recipe from Jamie Cooks it Up!
Pumpkin Pie Sheet Cake!
I love that she uses a yellow cake mix as the crust,
because I personally have yet to perfect the art of
an amazing pie crust!
I can't wait to make this one this Fall!!
Pumpkin Pie Sheet Cake
Time: 15 minutes prep + 60 minutes to bake
Yield: 20 servings
Recipe from my mother in law, Jill Eskelson
1 yellow cake mix
1/2 C butter, melted
1 29 ounce can pumpkin
1 1/2 C sugar
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1 t ginger
1/2 t cloves
2 12 ounce cans evaporated milk
1. To make the crust, pour the cake mix into your stand mixer, or medium sized mixing bowl. Pour the melted butter over the cake mix and stir it in for about 30 seconds. Add your egg and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
2. Spray a large jello roll pan (mine is 11 1/2 by 16 1/2) with cooking spray. Press the crust into the pan.
3. Into a small mixing bowl combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
4. Crack the eggs into your stand mixer and beat them for about 1 minute, or until frothy.
5. Add the sugar mixture
and the pumpkin and mix until combined.
6. Pour in the canned milk and mix until combined.
7. CAREFULLY pour the filling over the crust. Now. Just a word to the wise here. Your pan will be full. Really full. The kind of full that just might spill over the top while you carry it to the oven, if you aren't careful. I would advise setting the crust as close to the oven as possible, then pour the filling in so you don't have very far to walk.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
9. Cool completely, then cut into squares and serve with whip cream.
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!