My Step-Mom made some of the best Refrigerator Pickles I have ever had!
They has so much flavor & the best crunchy texture; I just had to share the recipe!
Of course, this recipe came from the best source (in my opinion) Taste of Home
~ A nice little tip she gave me ~
When the jar is empty don't toss the brine, instead just keep adding more veggies!
Of course, you can add any veggie!!
Prep: 25 min + chilling Yield: 24 Servings
- 3 cups sliced peeled cucumbers
- 3 cups sliced peeled yellow summer squash
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- Place the cucumbers, squash and onions in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir just until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts1/4 cup equals 43 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!