Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WE COOK: GRILLED FRIES!!




I have always said "if I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be fries"!

I love them, though not exactly the best thing for you.
Grilling or baking them really helps cut down on the fat & calorie count!


Here is my favorite way to prepare fries in my house:

WHAT YOU NEED:
  • 2 large Russet Potatoes
  • Pam Cooking Spray or 3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil 
    • (Olive Oil doesn't handle the high heat very well)
  • Seasoning of choice
    • I love Simply Organic's Garlic Salt (Thanks Rhonda for getting me hooked!)

WHAT TO DO:
  • Wash the potatoes and cut in half lengthwise 
  • Then cut each half into long fries as thick as you would like them
    • The thicker they are the longer they will take to cook
  • Line a baking sheet with foil & either spray liberally with Pam or drizzle 3 tablespoons of oil
  • Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer
  • Sprinkle with your seasoning of choice
  • Place the baking sheet on the grill and let your fries cook until golden brown about 10 minutes on each side.
  • ENJOY!
*You can cook these in the oven also!  Just cook the same amount of time in a 450 degree oven!!










Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

No comments:

Post a Comment