I have always said "if I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be fries"!
I love them, though not exactly the best thing for you.
Grilling or baking them really helps cut down on the fat & calorie count!
Here is my favorite way to prepare fries in my house:
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 large Russet Potatoes
- Pam Cooking Spray or 3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- (Olive Oil doesn't handle the high heat very well)
- Seasoning of choice
- I love Simply Organic's Garlic Salt (Thanks Rhonda for getting me hooked!)
WHAT TO DO:
- Wash the potatoes and cut in half lengthwise
- Then cut each half into long fries as thick as you would like them
- The thicker they are the longer they will take to cook
- Line a baking sheet with foil & either spray liberally with Pam or drizzle 3 tablespoons of oil
- Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer
- Sprinkle with your seasoning of choice
- Place the baking sheet on the grill and let your fries cook until golden brown about 10 minutes on each side.
*You can cook these in the oven also! Just cook the same amount of time in a 450 degree oven!!
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!