Bacon Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast
I experimented last night on my family and it turned out great!
I just took some of our favorites and put them together in a different way.
Bacon....Cheese....Butter....How could you go wrong!
Best part....each stuffed chicken breast is only 378 calories!!
Since there are so many goodies in this chicken, we just
had a nice garden salad on the side.
This recipe makes 6 servings (sorry, big family)
- 6 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 package of fresh mushrooms, 8oz, sliced
- 1 whole onion diced (I wanted to use green onions but didn't have any on hand)
- 4 cloves of garlic, rough chopped
- 1 cup of Skim or Low-fat Cheese (I used skim mozzarella)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- Toothpicks ( I used 2 for each stuffed chicken)
- Saute bacon, onion, garlic & mushrooms until bacon is cooked
- Drain excess bacon grease
- Place mixture in bowl to cool, once cooled add cheese & mix to combine
- Meanwhile, cut a pocket into each chicken breast
- Stuff each chicken with the mixture until full
- Use 2 toothpicks to seal the opening so the goodies don't fall out while cooking.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a skillet of medium-high heat
- Once butter is melted and starts to brown add the stuffed chicken breast
- Be sure not to crowd so they can evenly brown (I only cooked 3 at a time)
- Cook until golden brown on all sides & fully cooked though (about 10 minutes on each)
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!