GRILLED CAKE & FRUIT
I love grilled fruit, it is amazing what it does to the flavor!
Here is a fun summer recipe to wow any party!
- Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 slices angel food cake (1 inch thick)
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1 medium firm banana, cut into fourths
- 8 pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- 8 fresh strawberries, sliced
- Cut a pocket in each slice of cake by cutting from one long side to within 1/2 in. of the opposite side. Insert a chocolate piece into each opening; set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss the banana, pineapple and lemon juice; drain. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sugar and cinnamon. Add banana and pineapple; toss to coat. Thread onto four 4-in. metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place fruit over drip pan and grill over indirect medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until heated through, turning frequently.
- Grill cake for 30-60 seconds on each side or until chocolate is melted. Remove fruit from skewers. Combine the kiwi, strawberries and grilled fruit; serve with cake slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!