"It takes one bad egg to spoil the whole bunch"
I have always heard this and it is so true when it comes to fruit & vegetables.
All it takes is one bruised onion to start rotting the whole bag.
Here is a great way to keep each onion from touching:
Use pantyhose to store. Just tie a knot between each onion to keep them from touching.
A FEW MORE TIPS TO PRESERVE ONIONS ALL YEAR:
- Keep them in a dark cool room
- Basement is best, but even the crawl space under your home will work great!
- Keep them off the ground.
- If you don't use panyhose to hang them at least hang the bag they came in
- If one starts to go bad GET RID OF IT QUICKLY!
- This is true for any fruit or veggie, one that is starting to spoil will quickly spread to the rest
- This is where the pantyhose idea is great! It keeps them from touching each other so if one has a bad day it doesn't spread to the rest!
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!