OMG, THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!
I can't wait to try this one out; I am going to also freeze one!
I think it would make a great freezer meal!
1 (1 oz) pkg. dry Ranch dressing mix
3 C. cubed, cooked, chicken
1/8 tsp pepper
1 (16oz) lasagna noodles, cooked
1 1/2 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 C mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook the chicken and noodles first at the same time.
- Once noodles are done--rinse in cold water and set aside (it keeps them from sticking together). Combine evaporated milk (don't use fat-free version) and Ranch dressing in a 3 quart heavy saucepan.
- Heat over low heat, stirring frequently until dry ingredients are dissolved.
- Stir in chicken and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes (don't do any less), stirring frequently.
- Layer half of lasagna noodles, poultry sauce, and cheese in well-buttered 9x13 pan.
- Repeat layers again. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Tips: When rinsing the noodles, I also like to straighten them out in the colander so that as they sit there it makes it easier to layer them without the noodles all bent (if that makes sense). For extra cheesiness, increase both cheese by 1/2 cup.
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!