Wednesday, April 18, 2012

SIMPLIFY MY LIFE ~ SIMPLE WAY TO CLEAN ARTICHOKES





Mmmmm, Artichokes.....one of my favorite treats!

We had artichokes last night with dinner, we started talking and wondering
what ever made someone look at one and think "I want to eat that"!

Really....They are ugly, pokey & a lot of work to eat!

So, I thought I would share with you our method of preparing an artichoke to eat.
It takes all the work out of them and leaves you with nothing more than the good stuff!



Cut off the Stem.....Don't throw away!!


Cut almost in half, you can always trim off more if needed.
You want to be able to see the pretty purple flower in the center 


This is what you want your artichoke to look like.
If you don't see the purple flower in the center keep trimming away! 


Fan out the artichoke to expose the purple flower better


With a spoon, scoop out the flower and all the prickly fuzzy stuff
that is in the center.
You want to only see the white meat. 


Now for the stem.....Did you know this is part of the artichoke heart?!
With a peeler, peal away the tough outer skin 
to expose the white meat. 


I like to cut the artichoke hearts in half (you could leave whole)
I find that steaming the artichokes is the best way to fully cook them.
Place the artichokes face down to get a good even steam
(I use this amazing steamer, love it - Thanks Rhonda!!) 

ENJOY!

~ DIPPING ~
Mix up your favorite dip to add some great flavor
I like to make a Dill dip, Lemon juice or just good old yummy butter!







Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

No comments:

Post a Comment