I had a few extra kiddos yesterday so a project was a must!
Easter Egg Nest are so so easy to make and a perfect project for kids to help
with in the kitchen.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 (12oz) bag of Chocolate Chips
- 1 (12) bag of Butterscotch or Peanut Butter Chips (we used Reese's)
- 12oz of Chow Mein Noodles
- Cadbury Eggs (you could also use M&M's or Jelly Beans)
- Peeps (optional)
WHAT TO DO:
- Melt the Chocolate and Peanut Butter either in the microwave or double boiler until smooth
- Meanwhile, put the Chow Mein noodles in a large bowl
- Add the melted chocolate mixture to the bowl of chow mein noodles
- Gently fold until all the noodles are coated with chocolate
- Drop a spoonful of the mixture onto parchment paper
- We made small nest to hold only eggs & larger nest to hold a Peep
- Coat your fingers with nonstick spray and form the mixture into a nest shape
- the nonstick spray will help keep the mixture from sticking to your fingers
- You could also use a cupcake pan to form the nest.
- This would help to make a deeper nest & keep its shape
- Place the nest in the fridge to fully set (10-15 minutes)
- Place a few "eggs" into each nest
- Eat a few
- Place a few more "eggs" into each nest
- Eat a few
- Top with a Peep
SO CUTE, IT WILL BE HARD TO EAT THEM!
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!