Wilted Spinach Salad is one of my favorites anytime of the year.
There are many versions of this recipe using raw veggies or using
different vinegars as the dressing.
Here is my take on this yummy salad!
- 9 ounces of fresh spinach (1 bag)
- 5 strips of bacon
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 8 Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp of Malt Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of reserved bacon grease (from your fresh cooked bacon)
- Salt & Pepper to taste (or other seasonings...make it your own)
- In a skillet, cook bacon strips to your desired crispiness. Set aside to cool
- Once cooled, give the bacon a nice rough chop.
- Discard all but 2 Tbsp of the bacon grease.
- set aside 1 Tbsp for the dressing & leave 1 Tbsp in the skillet
- Cook the onion and mushrooms in the skillet with the 1 Tbsp of bacon grease
- Cook until tender and slightly caramelized
- Meanwhile, make the dressing:
- In a small bowl mix 3 Tbsp of Malt Vinegar, 1 Tbsp of bacon grease, Salt & Pepper
- Whisk to combine
- In a large bowl combine the spinach sliced eggs, chopped bacon, caramelized veggies & dressing.
- Toss to coat all the goodies with the dressing
- You want to serve this salad immediately, so wait to toss with the dressing until the last minute before serving!
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!