Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WE COOK: PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH


I have been wanting to make Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches but 
hadn't really found a recipe that sounded amazing to me
(not that I know what a really Philly tastes like because I have never been to Philly)
So I combined a few recipes together and came up with what I (and my family)
though was AMAZING!!

WHAT YOU NEED:
  • 3lbs Cheap thinly cut beef (this was enough for my family of 6 - adjust as needed)
    • We are going to cook it down tender, so this is a great way to make a great meal out of cheap tough meat
  • 2 Bell Peppers, cut into strips
  • 1 Large Onion, cut into strips
  • 1 Can of Beef Broth
  • 1 envelope of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  • 1 tbsp of butter
  • Provolone Cheese
  • 1 small container of Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme
  • Hoggie Rolls

WHAT TO DO:
  • In a Crock-Pot on Low - Mix the beef broth and Lipton soup mix
  • Chop up the meat to thin bite size strips, add to the Crock-Pot and allow to cook all day
  • When ready to make sandwiches drain the meat (reserving the broth for dipping if desired)
  •  Saute the onion and bell pepper in a pan with 1 tbsp of butter 
  • Once slightly tender add the drained meat and cooking creme, stir to combine
  • Set your oven to Broil
  • Place desired amount of philly mixture onto a hoggie (load it up!)
  • Top with a slice of provolone cheese, while still open face place in the oven just until the cheese is melted and the bread gets a little toasty.

    ENJOY!







Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

No comments:

Post a Comment