My Family loves Potato Fritters but at about 420 calories a piece it just isn't
something we should have often.
Cauliflower is my secret weapon with potatoes. It is mild enough to take on the flavors of your seasonings and nobody knows the difference.
I like to introduce to you my take on a Cauliflower Fritter. With only about 110 calories a piece
they are a great alternative to the traditional Potato Fritter.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 cups of steamed cauliflower (about a half a head)
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of garlic salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp of pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of choice (I used cheddar since that is what I had on hand)
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- 2 Tbsp of butter
WHAT TO DO:
- Once your steamed cauliflower has cooled enough to work with, give it a nice rough chop so all the pieces are in bite size pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, add cauliflower, onion, seasonings, flour & eggs
- Slowly add the water until a nice sticky mixture forms.
- You may not need all the water
- Cover and let rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes so the flour can absorb the liquids and set up.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet over medium high heat until the butter starts to brown.
- Add spoonfuls of the mixture to the hot pan and flatten out with your spoon to make a cute patty
- Let cook until golden brown on each side, about 4 minutes
- Set aside on a paper towel while you finish with the rest of the batter
- This recipe will make about 8 large fritters
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!