Tuesday, March 20, 2012

STOCKPILE COOKING: MY LIGHTER VERSION OF TWICE BAKED MASHED POTATOES!



Twice Baked Potatoes/Mashed Potatoes are one of my families favorites....
But, not exactly the best thing for you!

To help cut down on the fat and calories I have a few tricks up my sleeve, 
The best part...my family can't tell the difference!

My Secret Weapons:
* Cauliflower
*Turkey Bacon


INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 small Red Potatoes, cooked (I used leftovers from this past weekend)
  • 1 box of Frozen Cauliflower & Cheese (only 50 calories a serving)
    • I use fresh cauliflower in all my mashed potatoes, but this twice baked mashed I like to use the frozen with cheese sauce because it is already a lower calorie cheese
  • 4 strips of cooked & chopped Turkey Bacon (only 25 calories a strip)
  • 1 Clove of Garlic (minced)
  • Provolone Cheese (or whatever you have on hand) 

DIRECTIONS:
  • Cook the Frozen Cauliflower & Cheese in the microwave following the directions on the box
  • Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees

  • In a bowl, mash to combine:
    • 3/4 of the cooked turkey bacon (reserve the rest for the topping)
    • cauliflower
    • garlic
    • potatoes 

  • Grease the dish or dishes you plan to cook your potatoes in
  • Fill almost to the top with the mashed potato mixture
  • Bake, uncovered in a 450 degree oven for about 30-45 minutes or until bubbly & has a crunch top 


  • Remove from the oven and top with the remaining bacon and provolone cheese
  • Return to the oven just until the cheese is melted


ENJOY!!





Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!


No comments:

Post a Comment