Twice Baked Potatoes/Mashed Potatoes are one of my families favorites....
But, not exactly the best thing for you!
To help cut down on the fat and calories I have a few tricks up my sleeve,
The best part...my family can't tell the difference!
My Secret Weapons:
- 4 small Red Potatoes, cooked (I used leftovers from this past weekend)
- 1 box of Frozen Cauliflower & Cheese (only 50 calories a serving)
- I use fresh cauliflower in all my mashed potatoes, but this twice baked mashed I like to use the frozen with cheese sauce because it is already a lower calorie cheese
- 4 strips of cooked & chopped Turkey Bacon (only 25 calories a strip)
- 1 Clove of Garlic (minced)
- Provolone Cheese (or whatever you have on hand)
- Cook the Frozen Cauliflower & Cheese in the microwave following the directions on the box
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- In a bowl, mash to combine:
- 3/4 of the cooked turkey bacon (reserve the rest for the topping)
- Grease the dish or dishes you plan to cook your potatoes in
- Fill almost to the top with the mashed potato mixture
- Bake, uncovered in a 450 degree oven for about 30-45 minutes or until bubbly & has a crunch top
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining bacon and provolone cheese
- Return to the oven just until the cheese is melted
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!