I have to admit I am a chocolate lover!
Though even with coupons Chocolate syrup is still spendy....and don't even get me
started on the ingredients that I cannot pronounce!
SO, SAY NO TO THIS.........
AND YES TO THIS.......
Making Homemade Chocolate Syrup is extremely easy
(sometimes I wish it was more difficult to slow down on my overindulgence)
I think homemade syrup tastes just as good as the name brand if not better!
This recipe makes 1 pint of Chocolate Syrup
- 1 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 3/4 cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- a pinch of Salt
- 1 Tsp. of Vanilla
- 1 cup of Water
- In a saucepan over medium heat bring the water, sugar, cocoa powder & salt to a light boil
- Stir until the ingredients are completely dissolved
- I think of it as jello....once the foamy stuff on the top is gone the ingredients are completely dissolved!
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Add the vanilla and stir to mix
- Put into a container and store in the fridge
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!