Hosting a Fat Tuesday Party?
Here is a super easy, no stress meal to serve your guest!
- 2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion, celery, green pepper, water, tomato sauce, garlic, thyme, bouillon, white pepper, cayenne and bay leaves; pour over sausage. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves. Serve with rice. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 cup) equals 344 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,312 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!