Tonight is Friday Fun Night in my house!
We are making one of our favorite family fun meals, Homemade Pizza!
I love doing this because it brings my family together!
My kids are trying to toss pizza dough like professionals....while my husband makes a mess trying to show them how it is really done....my daughter eating all the topping before they even get to her pizza & our puppy eating up all the goodies that she drops (such a good hoover)
Yep, this is a normal family night in my house.....it may sound like chaos but to me it's organized chaos and I LOVE IT!
Here is my favorite homemade pizza recipe I have shared with you all before
(sorry, my kids got to the pizza before I could take a picture)!
This pizza that we made is Canadian Bacon, Pineapple and Shrimp.
Yes, Shrimp....I know it doesn't sound that great.
But trust me it is delicious!
I have 3 different pizza crust that I like to use:
- Winco's Pizza dough
- Sold by the cheese for $1-$2, one package is enough to make 3 large pizzas!
- Dough is already made all you have to do is let it rest & form pizzas.
- Jiffy Pizza dough mix
- Sold at almost every store, Get it at Walmart for $.46 a box!
- Again super easy, just mix hot water to mix let set for 5 minutes and get to kneading
- Homemade Pizza dough
- Very easy to make just takes a little more time
- This is the recipe that I like to use, very fast and delicious!
- Recipe will make 1 large pizza or 4 personal size
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
4. Kids love this part! Let each kid form their own size pizza. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or a pan covered with foil (easy clean up)!
5. Pre-cook crust for 3-4 minutes. Take out of oven and let the fun begin!
6. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
LET COOL AND ENJOY!!
Get creative and come up with some more yummy combinations!!
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!