Friday, February 17, 2012

WE COOK: AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD





I found this recipe on Pinterest (big surprise I know)
Becoming Betty is a great blog and where this yummy recipe generated from!

I love chicken salad and really love avocados, so I'm very excited to test it out.

She doesn't have measurements so you will just want to mix everything together
to your taste liking and texture.



chicken, cooked and shredded
avocado
mayo, just a little
green onion, sliced
cilantro
lime juice to taste
salt/pepper to taste

*Sorry there aren't any measurements.  I just asked what was in it and then made it to my liking.  I probably had 2 cups of chicken and then just threw the rest in until it tasted good.  I only used 1 avocado but if you really love avocados, you could use more.  I loved the lime juice, so I kept adding more of it little by little.  You definitely need a little salt, but the pepper is just if you want to.  I used a lot of cilantro and a moderate amount of green onion.  Probably 2-3 of them.  You can serve this in pitas or just eat it with chips.  We loved it and it was really good leftover, too.





Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

No comments:

Post a Comment