Just another reason why I love Taste of Home!
They have taken the very delicious yet belt busting Swiss Chicken Supreme Recipe, which comes in at a whopping 870 calories per serving and created a lighter version that has 560 fewer calories, 81% less fat & nearly 75% less sodium!
Now that is a recipe I can feel good about serving my family!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices (3/4 ounce each) reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 8 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with minced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and milk; pour over chicken. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving equals 310 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!