Homemade finger paints is a very cheap alternative to purchasing them for your kiddos!
Not to mentions much safer for them in case they consume any of it
(you know that stage where they have to try everything!)
This paint is not intended to be eaten. It is just made of food products so it
is not going to harm your kids if they do get some in their mouths rather then chemically filled store bought paint!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 Tbs of Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Corn Starch
- 2 Cups of Water
- Food coloring
WHAT TO DO:
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and continue to stir until the desired thickness is obtained.
- Do not add to much corn starch or you will end up with a lumpy mess
- if your mixture is thicker then you would like, just add more water until you are pleased with the consistency
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Once cooled separate into the containers of your choice
- My daughter had picked out 5 colors she wanted
- There is about 3 Tablespoons worth in each container
- Put food coloring in the container of paint
- Let your little helper mix in the color
- amount of food coloring is going to depend on how vibrant you want the color
- for mine pictured it took about 20 drops of food coloring
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!