(excuse the webcam photo)
In efforts to clean up my closet issue I am finding ways to recycle some of my
clothes that I am not donating.
Making old things new is like making leftovers yummy again!
Here is a very simple scarf necklace I made from an old 100% cotton shirt that
had seen better days. I love it so much I am going to recycle all my old tee's so I will have a scarf necklace in many colors!
You can even add some bling by attaching a pendant or ribbon to your scarf!
This was very simple and I made it in about 10 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED:
- An old T-shirt
- Pair of scissors
- 10 minutes
- Cut the bottom ribbing off the shirt and discard
- Cut the shirt into 1/2 inch strips (you will have loops)
- Group all the loops together with the hem line from each loop lined up (if you shirt has side hems
- Cut a small strip from the remaining shirt to use as a tie
- Tie the loops together to hold in place
- I tied mine where I grouped the hem lines so when I were the scarf necklace the tie and hem is hidden under my hair.
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!