Tuesday, January 17, 2012

STOCKPILE COOKING - DE-LIGHTFUL TUNA CASSEROLE



De-Lightful Tuna Casserole Recipe


Tuna Casserole is one of my favorite comfort foods!

I remember my mom would always make it with crushed Lays Chips on top.
It was the perfect balance of creamy and crunchy!

I still make it today for my family, I will never forget the look on my husbands face when I put crushed chips on it.  

After convincing him like a 2 year old to try a bite he was hooked.  

What makes this recipe even better is all of the main ingredients we as couponers 
get for FREE or very cheap all the time!!
(noodles, tuna, cheese)





Ingredients

  • 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
  • 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup fat-free milk
  • 1 can (or 2 pouches) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked 
  • 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
  • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Crushed Lays chips to cover top

Directions

  • Cook macaroni according to package directions. 
  • Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, cheese, milk, tuna, onion, mustard and salt. 
  • Drain macaroni; add to tuna mixture and mix well.
  • Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. 
  • Sprinkle with Lays. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. 
  • Yield: 5 servings.





Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

No comments:

Post a Comment