CRISPY TACOS & MEXICAN RICE
I had some leftover Pork Carnitas in my freezer.
I pulled out the meat and made Crispy Tacos & rice
I choose to fry mine is oil, but you could also stick them in a
400 degree oven until brown and crispy.
- 1 cup of white rice
- 1 (14oz can) tomato sauce
- 2 (14oz can) chicken broth
- 1 Tbl. of ground cummin
- 1 Tbl. of hot sauce
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 Tbl. of butter
- Melt butter in a pan over medium high heat.
- Cook rice, onion and garlic in butter until rice and onions are transparent.
- Add hot sauce, tomato sauce and chicken broth to pan
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, turn heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until rice has absorbed all the liquids and is tender.
CRISPY TACO INGREDIENTS
- leftover shredded pork or beef roast
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of rotel tomatoes
- corn tortilla shells
- If you choose to fry your tacos you will want to heat up oil in a pan to 165
- If you choose to bake, preheat your oven to 400
- Take 1 corn tortilla and put a small amount of meat filling in the center (about 1/4 cup)
- Roll the tortilla up as tight as possible
- Place taco seam side down in oil or on a baking sheet
- midway through cooking flip to brown all sides.
*I like to serve mine with all the usual taco toppings: Cheese, Lettuce, Salsa, Sour Cream
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!