Monday, January 16, 2012

STOCKPILE COOKING: 2 DINNERS FOR MY FAMILY OF 6 AT THE LOW PRICE OF $1.97!!


Beef Stroganoff Recipe


With the current roast promo at Albertsons I thought it would be fun to share 
a recipe that takes that roast to more then just a roast!

By making a cheap roast meal one night, then using the leftovers for Stroganoff another night I will have 2 meals to feed a family of 6 for $1.97!!

Beef Stroganoff is a great recipe to use up your leftover roast!

My family hates leftovers, so to get them to eat them I have to be very
creative with how I present them.  By making my leftovers a completely different
meal my family enjoys the leftovers and I feel better about creating a yummy
meal extra cheap!





INGREDIENTS:



  • Leftover roast meat
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
  • 1 tablespoon prepared mustard ( I know sounds weird but don't leave it out, trust me)
  • 1 batch of my homemade egg noodles (cooked)
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream

DIRECTIONS

  • In a skillet, warm up the leftover roast.  
  • Stir in flour and salt until absorbed and blended. 
  • Stir in soup, beef broth and mustard. 
  • Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. 
  • Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. 
  • Stir in the noodles and sour cream; heat through 









Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

No comments:

Post a Comment