With the current roast promo at Albertsons I thought it would be fun to share
a recipe that takes that roast to more then just a roast!
By making a cheap roast meal one night, then using the leftovers for Stroganoff another night I will have 2 meals to feed a family of 6 for $1.97!!
Beef Stroganoff is a great recipe to use up your leftover roast!
My family hates leftovers, so to get them to eat them I have to be very
creative with how I present them. By making my leftovers a completely different
meal my family enjoys the leftovers and I feel better about creating a yummy
meal extra cheap!
- Leftover roast meat
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard ( I know sounds weird but don't leave it out, trust me)
- 1 batch of my homemade egg noodles (cooked)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a skillet, warm up the leftover roast.
- Stir in flour and salt until absorbed and blended.
- Stir in soup, beef broth and mustard.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles and sour cream; heat through
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!