Thursday, January 5, 2012

LOVE FEBREZE?....YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS!!



I have said it before and I will say it again....
Teenage boys are stinky!  

With 3 teenage boys and their friends taking over my house
Febreze has always been a must have for my house!


Before couponing I would spend a fortune on Febreze,
I would buy the extra large refill bottle from Costco and thought I was saving.

Boy was I wrong.....when I got into couponing 3 years ago I stumbled across this recipe
for making my own Febreze.

3 years later I still make it....I still love it.....& I really love the price!!

A standard 27oz bottle of Febreze costs $4.97 at Walmart (regular price)
My homemade 27oz bottle of Febreze costs $.11 

98% SAVINGS!!


INGREDIENTS:
  • (1) 27oz clean spray bottle 
    • I bought mine at the Dollar Store. (the one in Caldwell has $.88 Tuesdays!
  • 2oz (4 tablespoons) of your favorite fabric softener (I use Downy)
    • 51oz Downy = $2.50 (based on my stockup prices) = $.05 an oz
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Soda (this will help keep the mixture fresh)
    • 1lb box = $.50 (based on my stockup prices) there are 200 tsp. in a box = $.003 a Tsp.
  • Hot tap water (hot water dissolves the baking soda better)
DIRECTIONS:
  • Put fabric softener and baking soda in spray bottle
  • Fill to the top with hot tap water
  • Shake to mix
  • Get to spraying! 








Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! I have more homemade products I will be sharing over the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE FABRIC SOFTNER W/ THE FEBREEZE IN IT! IT WOULD REALLY MAKE THIS MIXTURE WORK WELL GONNA TRY IT!!! THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT IDEAS LOVE YOUR SITE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the same recipe without the baking soda for a wrinkle reducer...works great instead of ironing!

    ReplyDelete