I have said it before and I will say it again....
Teenage boys are stinky!
With 3 teenage boys and their friends taking over my house
Febreze has always been a must have for my house!
Before couponing I would spend a fortune on Febreze,
I would buy the extra large refill bottle from Costco and thought I was saving.
Boy was I wrong.....when I got into couponing 3 years ago I stumbled across this recipe
for making my own Febreze.
3 years later I still make it....I still love it.....& I really love the price!!
A standard 27oz bottle of Febreze costs $4.97 at Walmart (regular price)
My homemade 27oz bottle of Febreze costs $.11
- (1) 27oz clean spray bottle
- I bought mine at the Dollar Store. (the one in Caldwell has $.88 Tuesdays!
- 2oz (4 tablespoons) of your favorite fabric softener (I use Downy)
- 51oz Downy = $2.50 (based on my stockup prices) = $.05 an oz
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Soda (this will help keep the mixture fresh)
- 1lb box = $.50 (based on my stockup prices) there are 200 tsp. in a box = $.003 a Tsp.
- Hot tap water (hot water dissolves the baking soda better)
- Put fabric softener and baking soda in spray bottle
- Fill to the top with hot tap water
- Shake to mix
- Get to spraying!
Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!