Thursday, January 12, 2012

HOMEMADE SWIFFER WET & SOLUTION



Want to know how you can turn this...

Into this.......

I love Swiffer Wet Cleaners but they are so expensive!
Even with coupons you are lucky to get them for under $4

So...I make my own with old towels or these new car detailing towels I found 
at the Dollar Store.


I found these white towels in the car section at my local Dollar Store.
They come in a two pack and each towel is large enough for me to make 
4 homemade swiffer pads.
Of course, I bought them on $.88 Tuesday....If your store doesn't do these types of promos 
they will cost you $1 for 8 reusable pads!

Now for the HOW TO:

All you need is a pair of handy dandy scissors:

And start cutting....If you buy the same cloths I got at the Dollar Store you will be able to cut the cloth in four equal squares.  


Otherwise you will want to make sure you cut your cloth to cover the bottom of a swiffer mop + about an 1 1/2 inches over each side to wrap around the top.



For the Solution:
There are lots of different recipes on the internet for Homemade All-Purpose Cleaners.  This is the one I personally use and have loved it!  It works great on my hardwood and tile floors, plus I love the lemon smell!


Homemade All-Purpose Floor Cleaner 

*I love this recipe because it is made of everyday items that are so cheap to purchase.  The dish soap we are always for free and the vinegar and lemon juice are very cheap to purchase.
  • 1/4 cup Liquid Dish soap
  • 3 cups Vinegar
  • 1 cup Lemon juice
  • 4 cups Hot Water




Just another way to be frugal and stay in control of what you have to buy or pay!








Like what you see? Sign up for my FREE daily email!

No comments:

Post a Comment