Wednesday, August 31, 2011

STOCKPILE COOKING - REFRIGERATOR DILL PICKLES


REFRIGERATOR DILL PICKLES

Refrigerator Dill Pickles Recipe

MY NAME IS JESSICA & I AM A PICKLE ADDICT!

Whew, I feel better already! 

I admit I love pickles, pickled anything really! 
As a kid my mom would get me a gallon jar of pickles every year for Christmas!
When I was pregnant on my Birthday my Stepmom made me a Pickled relish tray instead of a birthday cake!

While I love canning, I hate the waiting part...so I would rather buy a jar of pickles so I can have them now.

This is why I love this recipe, it is easy and super fast!




Taste of Homes
Ingredients

* I like to add a pepper to mine to spice things up a bit!
  • 6 to 8 pounds pickling cucumbers
  • 40 fresh dill sprigs
  • 2 large onions, thinly sliced
  • 5 garlic cloves, sliced
  • 1 quart water
  • 1 quart white vinegar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup canning salt

Directions

  • Cut each cucumber lengthwise into four spears. In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, dill, onions and garlic; set aside. In a Dutch oven, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir just until salt is dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture; cool.
  • Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Yield: 100 pickle spears.


No comments:

Post a Comment